Help safeguard the UK’s built heritage
The Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area provides free advice, enlightening case studies and a forum for the exchange of information experience and opinions, helping you select the correct stone for building repair. Stone is an important part of the £3.6 billion conservation sector and has a thriving community of specialists committed to safeguarding the UK’s built heritage. This is represented at the show through a dedicated conservation area coordinated by Historic England and English Stone Forum, together with partner organisations including the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB) and Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC).
Highlights from the previous show include;
- Demonstrations of the Strategic Stone Study website. Historic England
- How to select the correct stone for building repair. English Stone Forum
- Support and assistance to historic environment practitioners. The Institute of Historic Building Conservation
- Impartial technical advice and guidance on the care and repair of old buildings; subjects range from controlling dampness in traditional walls that need to breathe, to improving energy efficiency and the use of lime mortars. The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
- Numerous training initiatives including SPAB’s unique six-month training scheme for young craftspeople.