Visit : Stone Federation Village
All your natural stone needs
We’re thrilled to announce that the Stone Federation Village will return to its prime position at the centre of the exhibition for April 2017. The Village celebrates the renaissance in British stone that has taken place over the last 20 years and features the UK’s premier stone producers, consultancies and masonry companies that are supporting it.
Visitors to the village can engage with a series of live demonstrations showcasing the stonemasonry skills which the Federation does so much to champion, as well as review a number of training initiatives from affiliated colleges. Q&A sessions on the latest legislations will take place throughout the show and tackle subjects such as CE Marking and sustainability.
Additionally, a dedicated helpdesk, hosted by the Stone Federation Great Britain, will provide architects, designers and developers, builders and the stone industry itself with guidance on all aspects of stone selection, fixing and maintenance.
What can you find in the Stone Federation Village
Here are just some of the contributors to this year’s Village;
- Portland stone from Albion Stone
- Purbeck and other limestones from Lovell Stone Group
- Johnson Wellfield’s famous Crosland Hill sandstone
- Ironstone and limestones produced in conjunction with Marshalls by Johnston Quarry Group
- Bath Stone from Bath Stone Group
- Doulting from Doulting stone
Consultancies such as Harrison Goldman and Sandberg will be available to advise on specific enquiries relating to choice, design and use of stone.
Premium suppliers of products for the installation and finishing of natural stone will be represented with Ardex and Mapei promoting their ranges of adhesives, grouts and Silicones.
Specialists in dry installed and environmentally friendly underfloor heating systems, Jupiter, will be on hand to share their expertise.
Stonemasonry company, Associated Stone Group, will offer their design, manufacture and installation management services.
Expand your knowledge our Industry Day Conference
Experts from the Stone Federation will also be organising the 2nd day of the Natural Stone & Building Conservation Conference on Wednesday 26 April 2017, the free to attend Industry Day.
Focusing on key issues affecting the industry, topics will include;
- Selecting the correct stone, Ian Major, StoneTrain
- Natural Stone Awards project profiles: landscaping, Gordon Hines, Chairman of The Landscape Forum with award-winning architects David Green, SimpsonHaugh & Partners (Deansgate Metro Station) and Andy Thomson, BCA Landscape (Douglas Town Centre)
- The Ethical Stone Register, David Richardson, Chairman of The Ethical Sourcing Forum
- The HSE: Health and Safety in stone working, Ian Smart, HSE